Nothing is better than a day on the water, crabbing & fishing for the freshest catch of each season! Whether you are looking to catch Red Rock or Dungeness Crab, Rockfish, Lingcod, Halibut, Cabezon, Tuna, Salmon, or one of the many other fish that thrive off our shores… we are here to help fulfill your deep sea and bottom fishing adventure wishlists. Additionally, if you are looking for a great way to spend your day experiencing the Oregon coast and all it has to offer, with your family or friends, we assure you a good time for all ages, abilities, and experience levels.
Crabbing & Fishing
Join us for your next fishing trip on the coast. We have seasonal trips to catch Red Rock Crab, Dungeness Crab, Lingcod, Rockfish, Cabezon, Halibut, Tuna, Salmon, and more. Find out about the types and lengths of trips that we facilitate.
Visit us on Instagram and Facebook to be part of our community and join the conversation! Tag your photos from your trips with #newporthookers to be featured on the website & our social media pages. Be sure to share your good time & stories with others.
Contact & Booking
Call us to book your next ocean fishing & crabbing adventure.
*Trips are subject to changes due to weather and availability.
Newport Hookers: Charter Fishing & Crabbing
Our Boat: The Ocean Captain
In 2020, MacKenzie and Erin Ehrens purchased this beautiful boat and with it, Newport Hookers was born. With exemplary attention to detail and a bit of elbow grease… the captain and crew performed a full overhaul from stern to bow, including a new Cummins 330 BTA diesel engine. After a lot hard work and dedication, the 43ft boat is now proudly named “Ocean Captain”. Though the boat can accommodate up to 21 anglers, we keep it lower than that for a more enjoyable trips. She is fully equipped and with a comfortable cabin and plenty of deck room, she now serves another generation of fishing enthusiasts. Come down and see her beautiful new look!
Captain Hollywood (JR) is a fun-loving family man who is committed to slaying fish and enjoying every minute that life has to offer. He has captained charter fishing boats for over 7 years and has been working in the industry for more than 15. Using his extensive experience and knowledge of our local waters, he provides passengers with the tools and confidence to catch everything our coast has to offer. His motivation is to bring joy to those around him while continuing to nurture his love of being on the water.
What to expect:
On the day of your trip, you will arrive 30 minutes before the scheduled trip time so that you can sign in, purchase your fishing license, settle in, and get prepped for the day’s adventures. The crew will assist you in boarding the boat and help get you situated on board. There will be a brief but thorough walk-through of the day’s trip, safety protocols, and procedures. Rest and enjoy the ride as the captain takes you under the historic Newport bridge, and out of the Yaquina Bay bar to get to one of our famous fishing locations off the Oregon Coast.
- Crab pots for those who have added it to their fishing experience
- Rods and reel setups
- Baits, all tackle
- Life vests for all passengers aboard
- Filleting and food prep is provided after the trip for a small additional cost.
Things to bring or consider for your comfort:
- Weather gear, wind coats, extra clothing, and layers for warmth and dryness. For morning trips, it can be chilly leaving the docks in the dark. The wind during the runs out and back from the fishing & crabbing spots can be surprisingly chilly. As the day goes on, you will be thankful for layers that you can shed or add. Also, make sure to include sunscreen and eyewear to protect yourself from UV.
- A cooler or bag with beverages, food, and snacks for you and the people in your party. There is limited space for each person/group to bring their own supplies on board so please limit the amount of “carry on baggage”. *Bananas are considered to be bad luck on fishing boats so bring bananas at your own risk.
- Any personal gear you would like to use while fishing. Although we provide all of the gear you will need to fish and enjoy your day, some people prefer their own rigs or tackle and may even have a lucky charm! We promise you won’t smell their unwashed lucky socks out on the open water!
Where to find us:
Located on the docks behind the
Embarcadero Resort, Hotel & Marina
1000 SE Bay Blvd Newport, OR 973